Set in 300 acres of beautiful Northumbrian countryside, yet a short drive from Newcastle city centre, Matfen Hall is a idyllic venue for your wedding celebrations. We understand the importance of this very special day and want to ensure that you enjoy this memorable and happy occasion.
To ensure that you have the full and undivided attention of the entire team at Matfen Hall, weddings are limited to one per day.
Exclusive use for you and your guests gives you the opportunity to host your family and friends as they enjoy the privacy seclusion of the East wing in a relaxed environment.
We are registered for Civil marriages & Civil partnerships, and the Great Hall is a romantic setting for your ceremony, seating up to 120 guests. We have a very close relationship with Holy Trinity Church in Matfen village, should you prefer to have a religious ceremony. There are some legal restrictions as to who can be married in any particular church, but Reverend Mark Nash Williams will gladly find a way to marry you if he possibly can.
Perfect for your drinks reception and photographs, the Dutch Gardens and surrounding estate provides the ideal backdrop for this unforgettable day.
The historic Terrace rooms creates a grand atmosphere for your wedding breakfast and our extensive cellar, now known as the Vault Bar, is a stylish space to dance the night away!
With a capacity for 250 guests, the Great Hall, Sir Edwards Room and the Vault Bar are available for your evening reception.
At a glance . . . .
- Beautiful location in the Northumbrian countryside with facilities second to none
- Exclusive Use of the East wing
- A dedicated wedding coordinator to help with the planning of your day
- A complimentary Bridal Suite with full English breakfast for wedding celebrations of 60 guests or more
- Discounted accommodation rate for your guests, up to a 40% discounted from the rack rate.
- Personalised Stationery including Menus, Place Cards and Table Plan
- Our Master of Ceremonies to guide you throughout your wedding day
- A very high standard of food, wine and service
- Special wedding gift from the Hotel
- Free Car Parking
- Use of Matfen Hall Cake Stand and Knife
If you need any advice or would like to view the facilities then please feel free to contact our Wedding Co-ordinator on 01661 855709.
If you would like to hold your civil ceremony at Matfen Hall you are required to ring the Northumberland Registery Office to reserve your date.