A regular venue for professional and county amateur events, Matfen Hall's twenty seven hole golf course is rated as one of the finest in Northumberland.
At a glance . . . .
- Sympathetically laid out on a classic parkland landscape.
- 27 holes, 6700 yard course incorporates challenging water features and unique obstacles
- High quality nine hole par three course is ideal for the less experienced player
- Purpose built clubhouse, "Keepers Lodge" makes an excellent and welcoming '19th Hole'
- Variety of day and residential packages available
- A beautiful location and facilities second to none.
Sympathetically laid out on a classic parkland landscape, the 6700 yard course incorporates challenging water features and unique obstacles such as the dry stone "ha ha" wall. It offers an enjoyable test for golfers of all abilities.
The picturesque and fast flowing River Pont comes into play at several holes including the 14th, one of many strong par fours. The dog-legged 16th is the pick of the par fives, but Matfen's signature hole is surely the long par three 17th with its narrow green sited teasingly just over the river.
Matfen's high quality nine hole par three course is ideal for the less experienced player. Other golfing facilities on site include a driving range, short game practice area and two practice putting greens.
Although Matfen is an easy walking course, buggies are available for hire during the main season.
To contact the golf shop call 01661886400 or via email email@example.com